About the project
The „Biking South Baltic! Promotion and development of the Baltic Sea Cycle Route (Route No. 10) in Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Poland and Sweden” project is implemented with funds from the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A Poland – Denmark – Germany – Lithuania – Sweden (South Baltic) 2014 -2020 programme.
The project is focused on the promotion, development and commercialization of the bicycle tourism product in the South Baltic countries based on the EuroVelo 10 route, using the natural and cultural tourism resources of the regions covered by the programme.
Individual tasks in the project are implemented as part of the assumed work packages, the most important of which concern WP1 Management and Coordination; WP2 Communication and dissemination; WP3 Strategy, research, database; WP4 Cooperation network, online tools; WP5 promotional activities; WP6 – innovative pilot investments. The Pomorskie Tourist Board as the Lead Partner of the project coordinates the implementation of all tasks, with particular emphasis on WP1, WP2 and WP5.
The main elements of the project include:
– Quantitative and qualitative research of cycle tourists on the EV10 route
– Establishment of a coherent and uniform information base on cycling tourism in the regions covered by the project along the EV10 route
– Development of a uniform information system regarding the route
– Development of a long-term strategy for the further development of the EV10 covering the South Baltic area
– Training a workforce of informants and establishing a lasting cooperation between the tourist information centres, situated along the EV10 route, in order to provide proper information about the route
– Establishment of a network of business partners creating an offer for bicycle tourists along the route (travel agencies, ferry carriers, accommodation facilities, etc.)
– Preparation of promotional tools and implementation of an information and promotion campaign about the route using marketing tools, dedicated to key target groups and opinion leaders.
The planned result of the project is the increased popularity, attractiveness and visibility of the seaside tourist attractions of the South Baltic area, connected, promoted and integrated as a common, cross-border, sustainable, active tourism product – the cycle route of the Baltic Sea on the section Copenhagen-Gdańsk.
Partners involved in the project:
Pomorskie Tourist Board, Gdańsk, Poland
Self-government of the Pomorskie Voivodship, Gdańsk, Poland
Self-government of the Western Pomeranian Voivodship, Szczecin, Poland
European Cyclists’ Federation, Brussels, Belgium
Mecklemburg – Vorpommern Tourist Board, Rostock, Germany
Centre for Regional and Tourism Research, Nexo, Borholm, Denmark
Danish Cycling Tourism, Copenhagen, Denmark
The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A Poland – Denmark – Germany – Lithuania – Sweden (South Baltic) 2014 -2020.
Project coordinator: Łukasz Magrian
tel.: +48 58 732 70 42